Thursday, August 9, 2012

Olympic Cupcakes

I had been planning to make Olympic cupcakes in July but as you can see it is now the weekend of the end of the 2012 Olympics so these will be the closing ceremony cupcakes.  Perhaps I will start thinking about the 2014 Olympics now so I might have those ready before the winter olympics start.

Making the fondant olympic rings was not as easy as I had envisioned.  I don't have any round cookie cutters that tiny and since I waited until the last minute it was a little too late to order anything.  While making the beach cupcakes, it occurred to me that I could use the back of the decorating tip for the outside and a smaller round tip for the inside.  Ah, perfect! 

The printable cupcake round toppers I found from thepurplepumpkin.co.uk, cut them out, glued them on a popsicle stick and tied red, white and blue ribbon around it.





Maybe I should start contemplating Halloween now!  
Deana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment