Thursday, August 16, 2012

Halloween Cake

Halloween Cake

Since you know I took a cake decorating class, I've been practicing making cakes as well as cupcakes.  My second course got canceled for this month which has given me an opportunity to just practice on my own.  I've worked with fondant before so I thought this would be fairly easy to cover the cake and cut out the Halloween designs, a piece of cake as the saying goes.  But Ha, not quite!  The marbled effect that you see is actually on purpose.  I liked the way it looked when I was adding the color so I left it this way although it doesn't quite look as pretty in the pictures.  You guys also know that I am not a photographer, but perhaps that will be my next class! 



I dragged my sweet husband all over town looking for something to attach the top witch, bat and ghost to until I finally decided to just use popsicle type sticks.  The orange, white, and black bottom border and top for the display is rolled fondant. 


More Halloween designs to come because I have all these new Halloween cookie cutters to make some fun things!  Until next time, thanks for reading.  Deana :)

No comments:

Post a Comment