Thursday, October 4, 2012

Frankenstein Cake

I could hardly wait to get home from my regular job to make this Frankenstein Cake I found at Bird On A Cake.  Since this is a practice cake, I used a cake mix just to see if I could actually do it, but I did make my own buttercream frosting.  Just added green gel food color and then chocolate buttercream for the hair with a Wilton basket tip #47.  It's supposed to look messy.  Good thing because it wasn't as easy as it looked, but still fun.  The eyes are white candy melts and brown M&M's.  The nose is a red peanut M&M and then twix bars on each side.  Kinda cute, isn't he? 



I have some cute ideas for my Halloween cupcakes that I'll be working on this week too.  Those will be my fabulous chocolate cupcakes from scratch. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment