Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Cupcakes

Today is Father's Day.  I wanted to create a cupcake in honor of my Dad.  He loved coconut pie so naturally I thought of making a coconut cupcake.  One of my nieces, Regina thought I should have a tractor theme.  Ahhh perfect!  All the grandkids loved riding with their Grandpa on his tractor.  I remember my Dad sneaking out the backdoor and return shortly with the tractor in the driveway.  What a thrill for the grandkids!  I found a few old pictures of my son, Derek riding with his Grandpa in 1985.
I made a coconut cupcake with coconut buttercream frosting sprinkled with green colored coconut and wrapped the cupcake with John Deere wrappers and a John Deere tractor pick for the topping.  Oh and they taste delicious too!  I miss you Dad today and everyday but I bet you were delighted to see my little creation!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment